01 02 03 the everyday CRUMBS: Happy St. Patrick's Day! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

34

St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays and I love celebrating it in any way that I can. This year was extra special since it fell on a Saturday and we could spend the whole day together! This post might be a little on the photo overload side, but it's my favorite day to take a family picture and I always go a little crazy.


The other day a little leprechaun brought us a pot of gold! Lots of tasty new mustards to try and of course a little gold.


Breakfast this morning didn't really turn out as special as I wanted. Like I mentioned last Saturday, it's hard to get a good breakfast on the table since the boys are always starving the second they wake up. We ended up just having Lucky Charms cereal, Irish soda bread, and green milk for Caden. Shepard sat down first and immediately started picking the marshmallows out. He made quite the mess making sure he got out every last one! Caden did the same thing, though he did eat a little bit of the regular cereal as well. Probably not going to be wasting money on a box of it again, though!


Soda bread is sooo good. Why do I only make it once a year??


Once we were all dressed and ready, we sat down for our photo shoot. I think we got some good ones this year!





Just for fun, here's the best shot we were able to get last year. Caden's face is red since he was throwing a fit and Shepard kind of looks a bit like an alien...


And our family in 2010, back when Caden was always smiley in pictures.


And 2009 - our first St. Patrick's Day as a true family!


Father son bonding time. Shepard sure loves his daddy!


I have no idea why Caden was making this face, but Shepard sure thought it was hilarious.


This year we decided to check out Madison's St. Patrick's Day parade. The weather was beautiful and it seemed like a great idea. Not sure how crowded it would be we went about three hours early and walked up and down State Street. We had a nice authentic lunch at the Taco Bell/KFC. We claimed our parade spots an hour before it started. Definitely not necessary, though it got crazy crowded about a half hour before. Greg and the boys spent that hour exploring the Capital while I held our spots.


I'm so lucky to have a husband who is such a good daddy. I'm not sure what we'd do without him.


While we were waiting for the parade to start Shepard decided to entertain me by making funny faces. I have no idea why, but he's been making the strangest expressions lately that just crack me up!


By the time the parade actually started Shepard was so tired that we didn't have much chance to enjoy it. Caden had a great time with Aunt "Ya Ya" and Aunt "Ya Ya" trying to find as much candy as possible.



He passed out halfway through.


I don't get to see this face very often anymore. :( So precious when they're sleeping.


After the parade we went back home for a relaxing afternoon. Our St. Patrick's Day dinner wasn't very traditional, but it was green! We had green nachos and green punch. Both were quite delicious!


And for dessert, raspberry brownies. They were supposed to be mint, but my peppermint extract was suspiciously missing. I'm positive I bought some a few months ago, but Shepard liked to take it out of the cupboard and play with it. It must be in one of his many toy boxes, I just didn't have the energy to try and find it last night. So we had green raspberry flavored brownies. I don't often say this, but these brownies were actually too rich for me. As desperately as I love chocolate and desserts of any kind, I couldn't even eat one. They're going to work with Greg on Monday because there's no way we're going to eat the whole pan ourselves.

Overall, it was a really fun and family filled St. Patrick's Day!

Labels:

35 36 37 38